Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 23, 2006

How time flies...


Just one more week to go, we will reach the last month of the year 2006. How fast time flies... Did you manage to achieve your goals for 2006? Me? I feel like I don't have anything in my life. Day in, day out, I just go to work and back to the house. House is the company quarters about 100m away from the office. You just start your car, you already arrive the office. Actually, I can just walk to the office. But I'm too lazy to do that. The office (factory) is on a hill. If I walk to office, I'll be sweating when I arrive at my office - not comfortable to start work. Anyway, who is so enthusiastic to jog to office?

Whatever it is, I still have to go to work. I have to take care of all my needs, there's no one to do it for me. Luckily I have an elderly mother with me. Mother is a friend whom I can talk too, sometimes argue with. My two other sisters are with their families. Only me and my Mom are living here.

Working in this presence office was very interesting at the early years. By 19 April 2007, I will celebrate my 8th anniversary with this office. My spirit, my dedication and my ambition is slowly going down the slope as I walk down the hill every evening. We spend 10 hours in the office - from 8:00am to 6:00pm. What's left for your evening activity? May be that's why I'm becoming more and more boring. Every morning when I open my eyes, I wish I don't have to go to work. How I wish I can do something from home. Start a home based job and earn a living with more flexible time. Have some time for my evening walk, have some time to see the sun, to inhale the refreshing air of this cool mountain in a beautiful tropical jungle.

If I can do a home based job, I will have more time for myself and my Mom. I have a dream of becoming a community activist - do something for the needy people. I really salute there's one Swiss lady who have lived here for so long (because she's married to a Malaysian, but her husband had passed away quite a long time ago). She's in her early sixties if I'm not mistaken. She's a volunteer who always help the Orang Asli community in Janda Baik. Helps the children to get sponsored from our company, so that the children can go to school. I wish I can do that too. Unfortunately, I'm not that rich to sacrifice so much. Pray that I could start the home based job, so that I could get extra income and can help others too.

There's also one orphanage open this year in Janda Baik and is run by NGO. A young couple who have just got their first child 2 months ago, started this orphanage called Rumah Kebajikan Nur Zaharah. Those who would like to give your donation, can just come to Janda Baik - you can easily find this orphanage.


No comments: