Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

I can move on


Alhamdulillah... thank God finally today I got back my laptop! For a few days I have to sit quietly in the house after I came back from work - no laptop to work on something. Even though I'm not generating any income yet from the internet, but I'm beginning to like my blog. This is my best friend now. At least I can say what I wanted to say here. Whether people out there are reading it or not, it doesn't matter as long as I can pour it out.

These few days were busy days in the office. Anyway, when is not busy? When we work as an employee, what choice do we have? We have to take orders, follow instructions, the boss is always right! When can I fire my boss? How I wish I can be my own boss, work with my own instruction at my own time and place...
Not to stress myself, might as well I talk about something that I like. The best part that I enjoy about my work is when I have to make reservation for holidays - for my boss, or other "VIPs" in the office, sometimes for visitors from our sister companies from all over the world. For those who come from overseas, of course they would like to see the best part of Malaysia. One friend from our HQ, Renate Welker, I have recommended her to go to Mabul Island in Sabah. She and her husband were very happy with their holiday at Mabul Island. She has made a cd and video from all underwater photos they took during the holiday and gave me a copy of the vcd. I really treasure it very much. I can't swim, whatmore to dive. So, I'll never get the chance to see the life of the underwater. I enjoyed the vcd that Renate gave me very much!

Other visitors from our HQ have been to Tanjong Jara Beach Resort, Dungun, Terengganu; Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort, The Andaman Langkawi, The Datai Langkawi, Casa del Mar Langkawi, Pangkor Island Resort. My boss favourite place is The Datai Langkawi. He'll go to The Datai at least 3 times in a year. I could only dream of going to The Datai...

He has travel extensively for his holidays like the rich and famous people always do. Most of the time must be 5 star hotel. When making his reservation, I could make my virtual holiday through the internet. I like this part of my job. I've seen Amanjiwo and Amankila in Bali. Seetha Palace Hotel in Vientiane, Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel in Luang Prabang. Hotel Kamp in Helsinki. Maria Christina Hotel in Spain. Hotel Vierjahreszeiten Kempinski, Munich. What else... too many to remember. Every year he will have 2 or 3 fantastic holidays. Summer time is a must for him to go back to Europe - he will be in London; Heidelberg, Germany and Condom, France. For this winter holiday (he seldom go to Europe during winter), he will be going to a place where I just heard it for the first when he mentioned it to me - Val d'Isere in France? But he's flying to Geneva airport (on the Swiss side). He's going with his family for a ski trip. How nice! They will be staying at a resort called VIP Chalet.

During my early days of working, when I have to make a flight reservation for one of the expats in my office, I have to book for a ticket to New York. I was told to buy a long haul round the world ticket??? What's that? From KL to Chihua Hua? Wahhh...wahhwahahhhh...! The famous Malaysian Apek would laugh like that!

Thank God, at least I know quite many parts of the world due to the nature of my job to make holiday reservation for bosses. I never like Geography subject in school, but now I enjoy my virtual holidays on the internet.

Always be grateful for what we have!



No comments: